Sunday, September 21, 2008

Being a Fire!

So last weekend we went on a church camp with Eastside. During the camp a fire relit itself and all the men went to put it out before it spread and got too close to the tents. When i got to the fire it set a tree alight right in front of me. Those red/orange flames were amazing. What was even more amazing to me was the power of the flames and the fire. As it got bigger the heat and power felt like someone had hit me on the chest. The power was incredible. What was also incredible was how quickly the fire spread through the dead grass, bushes and trees.
 
This made me think about the song, 'Jesus be the Centre'. In that song we sing - 'Be the fire in my heart, be the reason that I Live, Jesus, Jesus'. Here we are asking Jesus to be that strong and powerful fire. The fire that I experienced last week. To be that fire that totally consumes and spreads through us. Like another song where we sing 'All consuming fire, fan into flame, a passion for your name'. My prayer is that we can experience God like this fire. That it can be all consuming and that we can become that flame that spreads through the world!
God Bless
SB

No comments:

Challenging Thought

How do I commit to spending time in God's precsence, even when i am 'busy'? What am I doing to live up to God's expectation of me?

Prayer Requests

  • Spiritually lead & focused coaches who have a critical role in the development of their athletes.
  • Athletes participating around the world in various sporting feats. That they do it not for personal clory but for glory of God
  • All soccer / football players coming to South Africa in just over a month's time for the FIFA 2010 World Cup
  • Focused Godly Athletes
  • Guidance and Grace to all Athletes on all levels in their training
  • MORE ATHLETES THROUGH THIS BLOG CAN SHARE THEIR TESTIMONIES
  • Praise God for the unbelievable performances, the dedication & perserverance of our Paralympians

Book Review Corner

We will be soon reviewing books read and share any key thoughts found and identified.

So watch this space!