Thursday, April 1, 2010

As for me & my House

Got this song stuck in my head today where I cant help thinking how symbolic it can & should be for athletes. Not sure who sings it & I would not do it justice if I tried to sing it for you.

I believe that it is based on a bible verse in Isaih. The words are along the lines of
"As for me & my house.... We will serve you. As for me & my house we will spend our life for you. .... Today I choose to follow you, today I choose to honour, Today I choose..... "

Is this not amazing words. As individuals we have the choice, the choice to accept Jesus as our Lord and saviour. We can make that choice today & is provided the freedom to do so. As athletes we have the choice too. We have the choice to honour God through our sport, our actions, our interactions with other athletes, how we conduct ourselves on the sporting fields, how we honour God through our templs / bodies & talents we have been blessed with.

So today make the choice.
SB


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by Pinpoint, and is
believed to be clean.

No comments:

Challenging Thought

How do I commit to spending time in God's precsence, even when i am 'busy'? What am I doing to live up to God's expectation of me?

Prayer Requests

  • Spiritually lead & focused coaches who have a critical role in the development of their athletes.
  • Athletes participating around the world in various sporting feats. That they do it not for personal clory but for glory of God
  • All soccer / football players coming to South Africa in just over a month's time for the FIFA 2010 World Cup
  • Focused Godly Athletes
  • Guidance and Grace to all Athletes on all levels in their training
  • MORE ATHLETES THROUGH THIS BLOG CAN SHARE THEIR TESTIMONIES
  • Praise God for the unbelievable performances, the dedication & perserverance of our Paralympians

Book Review Corner

We will be soon reviewing books read and share any key thoughts found and identified.

So watch this space!