Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cape point - 'Bouncing Christmas Balls' Day 4

Standing at the tip of Cape Point, a historic landmark in South Africa, a landmark of such beauty but one that at the same time has caused much damage and lives cost. As I stand leaning over the walls with the Atlantic Ocean so blue I cannot help feeling God's power as I marvel it his creation. The awesomeness of His creation and the feel of His power as the Cape Doctor (the winds that clean the Cape) blow up the side of the mountain cliff face.
 
Being able to visit places like this and view His creation is phenonmenal and I am blessed being able to. As the birds swoop around the face cliffs the freedom they experience, at the same time as being carried by his power the wind. it makes me think of the verse in the Bible where we are carried on eagles wings.
 
When you look at this point, seeing the ocean bashing against the rocky cliffs, feel the wind blowing up the mountain, you can only appreciate it, but at the same time respect the creation.
 
While I stand here I cant help praying that more people can experience God's creation and beauty like I have been blessed today, whilst on holiday and that all can realised how great is our God!
 
God Bless our country and Africa!
SB

No comments:

Challenging Thought

How do I commit to spending time in God's precsence, even when i am 'busy'? What am I doing to live up to God's expectation of me?

Prayer Requests

  • Spiritually lead & focused coaches who have a critical role in the development of their athletes.
  • Athletes participating around the world in various sporting feats. That they do it not for personal clory but for glory of God
  • All soccer / football players coming to South Africa in just over a month's time for the FIFA 2010 World Cup
  • Focused Godly Athletes
  • Guidance and Grace to all Athletes on all levels in their training
  • MORE ATHLETES THROUGH THIS BLOG CAN SHARE THEIR TESTIMONIES
  • Praise God for the unbelievable performances, the dedication & perserverance of our Paralympians

Book Review Corner

We will be soon reviewing books read and share any key thoughts found and identified.

So watch this space!