Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Davids Prayer

This morning I opened the Bible at 1 Chronicles chapter 29. This chapter is based around King David and where he requests that they build the Temple of God. From verse 10 we find David’s prayer and I would like to share this prayer.

“We praise you, Lord, God of our father Israel. We praise you forever and ever. Lord you are great and powerful. You have glory, victory, and honor. Everything in heaven and on earth belongs to you. The kingdom belongs to you, Lord; you are the ruler over everything. Riches and honor come from you. You rule everything. You have the power and strength to make anyone great and strong. Now, our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name. These things did not really come from me and my people. Everything comes from you; we have given you back what you gave us. We are like foreigners and strangers, as our ancestors were. Our time on earth is like a shadow. There is no hope. Lord our God, we have gathered all this to build the temple for worship to you. But everything has come from you; everything belongs to you. I know, my God, that you test peoples hearts. You are happy when people do what is right. I was happy to give all these things, and I gave with an honest heart. Your people gathered here are happy to give to you, and I rejoice to see their giving. Lord, you are the God of our ancestors, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Make your people want to serve you always, and make them want to obey you. Give my son Solomon a desire to serve you. Help him always obey your commands, laws ans rules. Help him build the Temple for which I have prepared”. Then David said to all the people who were gathered, “PRAISE THE LORD YOUR GOD”.

I trust that this prayer of David can also be our today, thanking God for everything, praising his glorious name, knowing that everything comes from God and belongs to Him and finally wanting to serve and obey God.

God Bless

SB

No comments:

Challenging Thought

How do I commit to spending time in God's precsence, even when i am 'busy'? What am I doing to live up to God's expectation of me?

Prayer Requests

  • Spiritually lead & focused coaches who have a critical role in the development of their athletes.
  • Athletes participating around the world in various sporting feats. That they do it not for personal clory but for glory of God
  • All soccer / football players coming to South Africa in just over a month's time for the FIFA 2010 World Cup
  • Focused Godly Athletes
  • Guidance and Grace to all Athletes on all levels in their training
  • MORE ATHLETES THROUGH THIS BLOG CAN SHARE THEIR TESTIMONIES
  • Praise God for the unbelievable performances, the dedication & perserverance of our Paralympians

Book Review Corner

We will be soon reviewing books read and share any key thoughts found and identified.

So watch this space!